Wednesday, August 26, 2015

New Cookbooks!

One of my birthday presents this year was new cookbooks. Brian gave me Honey and Co. food from the Middle East and The food of Morocco. It's like a gift to himself really!
I have been reading through them all evening. The Moroccan book is a beautiful publication with beautiful colour photographs. It takes you around Morocco and is more than a cookbook really. There are so many delicious recipes in this book that I want to make. I may start with something nice and easy like preserving lemons.
I am obsessed with Morocco. I have only been in Tangiers but I loved it. I love the food, the narrow winding streets, balconies that are only a centimetre away from the house in front. It feels like the city is collapsing in on top of you and I can't get enough of it. The Middle Eastern book is also excellent. There is a section on pickles and preserves, mezzes, breads, dips, salads, light dinners, slow cooked meals, vegetarian, desserts and drinks. There are also some other sections that I wasn't too sure how to classify here.
Anytime Brian travels to the Middle East he always returns with a recipe request for me. I really enjoy this type of cooking and eating. I may begin with some of the pickles, breads and light dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment