Saturday, August 22, 2015

Sausages in tomatoes

This is my go-to, easy recipe for when I'm completely exhausted. It's also my husband's favourite meal. I think it was originally a Jamie Oliver recipe but has been passed along so many times it has changed. I ate it at my aunts house and then modified it and tweaked it until it was just perfect for me. All I have to buy for this is two or three tubs of cherry tomatoes, garlic and some Superquin sausages. I have all the other ingredients in my garden. I will only eat Superquin sausages now. Once you have them you can't go back. Put the cherry tomatoes and some cloves of garlic in an oven proof dish. Put in some fresh rosemary, thyme and bay leaf.
Place the sausages on top. Drizzle with olive oil and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
Put in an oven heated to 200 degrees for an hour. I usually serve this with a rustic baguette but boiled potatoes or chips are equally as good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment