Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Granola

Granola is my staple breakfast. I love it with Greek yoghurt and a banana chopped over it. It fills me up, I can eat it quickly and it keeps me going until lunch. I love making my own as I don't have to pick out bits I don't like - dried banana...yuck!
The recipe I use is simple. It uses American cup measures which makes it easier in my opinion. I use 3 cups of porridge, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/3 cup of honey (I try to use Irish honey as much as possible to help our bees), 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a mixture of raisins, nuts and seeds. Heat the oven to 150 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients. Melt the wet ingredients together, pour over the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on a baking sheet with edges. Bake for 15 minutes. Take it out toss it about a bit and then bake for a further 5 to 15 mins.
When it has cooled add in the raisins, nuts and seeds. I use a mixture of almonds, raisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed and linseed.

6 comments: