Monday, August 3, 2015

The Summer Harvest

This morning we dug up some of our potato crop. I LOVE growing our own potatoes. They are unbelievably delicious when compared to what you get in a supermarket. Unfortunately, we mixed up all of our lates and earlies this year so it has been a bit of a guessing game when it comes to picking them.
I love that I don't need to buy potatoes. I feel very self-sufficient going out to my shed to get some for the dinner. I am hoping to not buy potatoes all summer! Brian does all of the digging and planting. I am sure that it makes him feel very manly indeed!
There are loads more potatoes for another day! We cut down a lot on what we grow this year and just focused on what was working well for us. We also grow brocolli, cauliflower, rhubarb, tomatoes, basil, coriander, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, curry leaf, chives, chillies, fennel and camomile.

No comments:

Post a Comment