Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Breakfast pancakes

These are my favourite weekend breakfast. I saw the recipe on a T.V. show that I can't even remember the name of. I think it was about a journey around the world looking at spices. I have amended the recipe a bit since I first started making them.
Ingredients: 250g ricotta cheese, 2 eggs separated, 125 ml milk, 100g plain flour sieved, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon. I whisk the egg whites in a blender. I mix together the ricotta, egg yolks and milk. I add the flour, cinnamon and baking powder to that. Finally I fold in the whisked egg whites making sure that the mixture is light and fluffy. I fry them in a hot pan with oil. To serve I drizzle with honey, give a generous amount of greek yoghurt and berries. They are so gorgeous!!! The page thay are on in my recipe book is almost destroyed with use.
This grubby hardback notebook is where I have been storing my recipes since 2001. I test any recipes I come accross and if they are a success I add them to my book. I don't know what I would do if I lost that book. It's precious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment