Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Out and about...in Howth!

Howth is a really pretty part of Dublin. And it smells like fish. That is actually a good thing! It is an amazing place to come for seafood. Today we went for a really nice walk along the pier. It was a beautiful day. Normally I wrap up really well to come here but today I had to remove layers.
We ate a late lunch at Octopussy's Seafood Tapas. We ate outside!!! In the sun!!! The food was good but the portions were small for the price. I know that they are tapas but I just felt that it was a bit miserly. I got moules frites, which were not a tapa, and it was small.
We had gambas al pil pil, scallops in a tomato and chorizo sauce (delicious) and calamari in addition to the mussels. They were very tasty.
I always like to purchase fish here for my dinner. I really feel that it is quite difficult to source good quality fish in Dublin. Dublin is a port so there is really no excuse. Howth has many fishmongers and I am usually happy with the selection. I like to buy all the ingredients to make a really good paella when I get home. Squid, mussels, prawns, clams... I often buy more clams than I need and bake up clams the following day. Served with crusty bread they are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment