Monday, December 14, 2015

Guacamole and homemade tortilla chips

The day after I roast a chicken I use the leftovers to make fajitas. Today in addition to this I made guacamole and homemade tortilla chips. The guacamole is really zingy and fresh. Into a blender I put: half a chilli, a handful of cherry tomatoes, the juice of a lime and an avocado. I blend it for a few moments. I like it chunky so I find the pulse button great for that. So easy!
For the tortilla chips you are basically using tortilla wraps. You cut them into triangles. Then you fry them on a high heat for a few moments on each side.
A tongs is very useful for turning them. Them you put them on a baking sheet and season.
Today I sprinkled them with smoked paprika and a smaller amount of cumin and Cayenne pepper and salt. I put them in the oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes and serve them warm.
They are so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment