Sunday, July 19, 2015

Infused water

I actually hate water. There! I said it!!! I hardly ever drink it. I must be part cameloid to have survived this long without it. However, I have decided that I probably SHOULD drink more water. For me water has to be room temperature (I get a brain freeze and sore teeth from cold drinks). I also love infused water. Today I infused my water with lemon and basil. So fresh! So summery!
I bought the jar with the tap in Marks and Spencer last year. They are still in stock. Kilner also do a glass one (it's actually nicer than the one I have...grr). Other successful infusions have included mandarin and ginger, raspberry and mint, blueberry and raspberry. If you are infusing raspberry be aware that the water leaches the colour out in addition to the flavour. It tastes great but it looks unappetising to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment