Monday, July 20, 2015

Fruit and Veg delivery box

This is my fourth week using The Organic Supermarket's fruit and vegetable subscription service. I get a small box of organic fruit and vegetables delivered every week. I had some minor teething problems in the beginning but I am very happy that I stuck it out. The staff were customer focused and patient in fixing the problem and it was resolved quickly. I have to say that I actually get so excited about my delivery before it comes! There is a fantastic variety in the box and it is different every week. I find that it is really getting me out of the cooking rut that I had fallen into. I am pushed into using vegetables that I would probably overlook in the supermarket. I thought I hated courgettes and aubergines thanks to some dodgy ratatouille experiences in France as a teenager. Well! It turns out that I LOVE them. I can't get enough of them! I also made coleslaw with a cabbage - I never buy cabbage. I have roasted beetroot for the first time. I love that all of the produce is organic. I much prefer to use organic food but the selection in supermarkets is limited and expensive.
Well, what is in my exciting box of fruit and vegetables today?.... Let's take a look! Today I received: 1 leek, 1 fennel bulb, 1 courgette, 1 cucumber, 1 brocolli head, 1 cabbage head, 1 lettuce head, celery, 1 aubergine, 4 carrots, 2 onions, 1 beetroot, 3 tomatoes, 1 pepper, a bag of baby potatoes, 4 pears, 3 apples, 4 bananas, 3 oranges, 4 kiwis, 1 pack of blueberries.
I also received this strange looking thing. I don't know what it is but it looks like a fancy cauliflower. This is why I love this subscription service. There is always something new to force me to expand my cooking horizons. This cauliflower bad boy and I are about to embark on a culinary adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment