Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Easy, no knead sourdough

This requires a bit of timetabling but it is super easy. At approximately 4pm I take my sourdough starter out of the fridge, feed it and place it in a warm spot to bubble up. At 10pm I make my bread dough and leave it in the warm spot overnight. I then bake it first thing the next morning. These are the ingredients needed
I mix them together in a large bowl. I usually add a small bit more of the starter than what is stated in the recipe. It is really important to use strong bread flour. It really helps the bread to rise. I use this one
I cover the dough with cling film and leave it in a warm place overnight. In the morning it looks like this.
Line a cast iron pot with a lid with greaseproof paper.
Preheat your oven and cast iron pot to the hottest heat your oven will go to. PS. My pot isn't dirty. It got discoloured in the oven.Let it preheat for twenty minutes to half an hour. Take it out and put a little flour in the bottom of the pot. Pour the dough into the pot. It is a very wet dough. I usually use a spatula to get it all in.
Dust the top with flour. Put the lid on and bake at the highest heat for 30 minutes. Then remove the lid and drop the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. Take it out and cool it on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment