Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hello weird gourd

I received this little fellow in my Organic Supermarket delivery and it has been knocking around my kitchen for a while now. It looks cool but does it taste cool?
It took me a while to figure out what to do with it. Tonight I decided to put it into a chicken tagine. Unfortunately, I will be making it with turkey. I badly need to go to the supermarket! I cut it open. Surprise! It's white inside. I don't know why I was expecting it to be orange!
This is an amazing tagine to have in your repertoire.
It has a huge amount of ginger in it which makes it refreshing and lemony. It is fantastic for clearing your head if you have a cold. I'll make it properly next week and post the recipe. Tonight's tagine has been amended a good bit as the baby will be eating it. I have left out the salt and sugar. I never leave out pepper when I'm cooking for the baby. I want to develop his palette and for him to enjoy spice. He has to eat what we eat after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment