Friday, February 13, 2015

Quick and healthy stir fry

At the end of the week I tend to be exhausted. I want to eat something quick but nutritious. The easiest thing to make is a tasty stir fry. I don't have a wok. I used to but I found that they take up too much space in the cupboard so I just use a large frying pan now. It tastes the same. Ingredients: 1 onion 1 clove of garlic Sesame oil (this gives great flavour but is not essential) Cherry tomatoes A selection of vegetables (eg. Brocolli, green beans, baby corn, sugar snap peas, mangetout, etc) Soy sauce A turkey or chicken breast
I tend to serve this with rice but you could also serve it with noodles. This recipe serves two. Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a large frying pan. Add the meat. When it is cooked add the onion. Add freshly ground black pepper. I don't use salt in this as soy sauce is very salty. When this is cooked add the garlic and the cherry tomatoes. If you are using cherry tomatoes and brocolli now is a good time to add it as these take longer to cook than the other vegetables. Cook these for a while and then toss in the remaining vegetables.Stir for a minute or two. Add soya sauce and serve on a bed of rice. Try not to overcook the vegetables. They should be crunchy, bright and colourful. A rainbow on a plate!
I always keep turkey and chicken breasts individually wrapped in my freezer. I wrap them and freeze them when I buy them. This ensures that there is no waste and that I always have something healthy and nutritious at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment